Saturday, February 11, 2012

Winterfest Surprise

Ashton and Shyann spent the day with us while Rick brought Tina and Alex home from the hospital and got them settled at home.  We took the kids home just before my mom brought dinner to their family at 5 p.m.  About 4:00 p.m. Kevin asked me if I wanted to try to catch the last show of the Young Ambassadors at Winterfest tonight.  I went online and purchased two tickets on the aisle!

Kevin wanted to surprise Brad and Shae with some candy.  We stopped and bought two packages of Cadbury mini-eggs--one bag for each of them.  I texted Brad at the end of act one to let him know we were there.  He was so excited and surprised!  His solos were amazing and brought tears to my eyes.

After the show we were making our way across the theater to meet up with Brad when we encountered Shae Hunsaker and her family.  She introduced us to her parents, sisters, and some other relatives.  Brad seemed so pleased that we would come to his final local show.  Since this is his final year as a Young Ambassador, each performance is a treasured opportunity.

No comments: