Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Surprise! Wrong Yearbook!

In January I purchased a Picaboo groupon.  I paid $30 for $100 worth of product--the catch, it expired February 28, 2012.  I thought a deadline would motivate me to start and complete a major project.  I chose to create a family yearbook for 2011.    I gathered the needed photos and created a book that I was very pleased with.  After multiple reviews looking for typos and other formatting errors, I finally used the groupon and placed the order!  I was soooo excited for it to come!
 On Saturday, February 18, 2012 I came home from running errands and there was the Picaboo box waiting on my doorstep!  I ripped open the box and saw the above packing slip.  I eagerly flipped over the book and imagine my surprise when I was greeted with the "86 Aerial Port Squadron" book!
I contacted Picaboo support and they were very apologetic and quick to send me the needed return materials so that an exchange could take place.  I am grateful that this book was not needed for a gift or by a specific date.  So now I wait yet again!  I am pleased that I was able to complete it in just over a month and am excited to see the actual product in a week or so.

I purchased some additional groupon deals to keep me moving forward with my memory book projects.  In fact I finished and sent for publication a book on the December 1, 2011 Davis County windstorm.  It should arrive early next week!  I am currently working on a book about our trip to Moab last spring.  I must admit that digital scrapbooking is easy and the lack of mess, set up, cleanup and ability to set it aside and get right back up to speed quickly is wonderful.  I have started doing a few pages each night while watching television with Kevin.  It is a great way to make the evenings productive.  My new challenge is I have so many projects I want to do, how do I decide which ones will actually get done!

No comments: