Friday, February 10, 2012

Alex Porter Everett Arrives!

After getting several warning phone calls to put me on standby during the evening Tina called at 10:00 p.m. to say she and Rick were heading to the hospital.  I gathered a few items and headed to their home to spend the night with Shyann and Ashton.  About 11:15 I received a text message from Rick indicating that Tina was indeed in labor and they would be spending the night at the hospital.  I changed into my pajamas and was just dozing off when I got a text message indicating that Alex Porter Everett had arrived at 11:56 p.m. on Thursday, February 9, 2012. That was quick!

Several text messages were exchanged to gather the vital information and first photo of this new little boy.  He weighed in at 6 lbs. 7 oz. and was 18.5 inches long.  I then sent text messages to Kevin, Katie, and Brad announcing the news!  It was so fun to have the option of text messaging to share this news especially since it was the middle of the night!  You could spread the news but not disturb the sleep of loved ones!  Although the only one sleeping was Kevin!  Brad was still awake following his first night performing at the LDS conference center theater for Winterfest and Katie isn't sleeping well due to her pregnancy.  It was fun to share this moment as a family!

No comments: