Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ephraim's Rescue--Tale of an Ancestor!



Kevin and I took the opportunity to go the the movie this afternoon to see Ephraim's  Rescue, the life story of Ephraim Hanks, my third great-uncle.  We rarely go to a movie--usually just wait for the DVD and watch it at home but made an exception because I wanted to see this movie as we have been sharing vignettes of his life as we have been sharing our love of family history with members of our stake.

This movie didn't disappoint.  Although it is always challenging to portray spiritual events on the big screen for entertainment, I came away feeling a definite connection with Ephraim and feel like I came to know some of his many strengths and weaknesses!  

It impressed upon me the vital role of stories, journal entries, etc. in preserving the rich heritage we share with our ancestors!  I found myself reflecting on the feelings of the characters and realized how many similar feelings I share!  We will definitely be adding this DVD to our library! 

If you are interested in knowing more about Ephraim Hank's you can read a life sketch of this amazing man on my family history blog:  http://findingmyflock.blogspot.com/

No comments: