Saturday, January 28, 2012

Simple Joys


Today I attended Stake Women's Conference.  The theme was "Make It A Great Day Cafe" and the cultural hall was decorated like a french cafe. We sat at tables with white cloths, black placemats, and each of us was given the "menu" of daily choices to make it a great day as well as a "My Simple Joys" journal to record our daily joyful moments.  There were speakers from each time of life--young mother, single mother, mother of teens, empty nester woman, grandmother, and widow.  Each delivered a touching and entertaining viewpoint. I found myself wondering which group I truly belonged to--then I realized that as a Relief Society sister I belong a bit to each one even if I haven't personally experienced that particular stage yet!


These chalkboard panted posters decorated the walls.  Each with a quote to lift and inspire.  This is only two of the many that were there. Following the speakers, we were served a delicious brunch of egg casserole, red grapes, muffins, and  hot chocolate or juice.  A male quartet sang barbershop music to provide some entertainment while we dined and chatted.  I sat at a table with Shauna and Kelsey Steed and Kim Sorensen and her mother.  We had a fun trip down memory lane as we talked about where our lives were now and the growth of our children and their families.
I came home so uplifted and encouraged.  It was a wonderful morning with just the January pick me up that I needed.  How grateful I am for the gospel and the many opportunities it provides to teach me and uplift my spirit.

No comments: